January 05, 2011

It's 2011 and the Ski Season is Truly Upon Us






I am excited this year as my first ski trip of the year, will be with my 4 year old nephew who learned his ski technique on the slopes of some antipodean land far away from the vast slopes of the European Alpes.
You will see from the attached photos at an early age he was introduced to the white stuff. I was too, but I can only vouch for the fact it was on a big red sledge on the small slopes of the Cairngorms... my memory of that time is limited also, that is to having very wet and cold feet, but no memory is available for me having had the opportunity to run the slopes with my own two feet hooked into stiffened boots with big long sticks on their bottoms.
I am sure of it, if any such memory had been there I could now have been a little more special on the ski's I run today. Instead, although stylish I am cautious and a little too slow at times [where's the fun in that ;)]
Kai's memories I am sure will be different they will be brimming over with excitement. Hopefully the excitement he will get in Europe in mid February will be a memory that is deep seated. I know it will be one that will be with me forever.
I cant wait, I get a warm (ironic I know) feeling when people tell me about the snowfall that they have been exposed too, particularly those people I know who live over the channel. The warm feeling turns to childish glee when I think that each snow fall makes it a good chance that the February trip will be the best ski adventure to date.
So when I see my brother and Kai on the 5th of next month on British soil... I know the fun starts there.
Let it snow, let it Snow, let it SNOW!
Below is some Creek Boy Moves from a trip to Colorado

Creek Boy from Kimberley Bromelow on Vimeo.

Please watch and enjoy, I know we did making it :)

No comments: